Dear GreatLIFE Member, Team Member & Support Team,
Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather and hopefully a return to some level of normalcy. As part of our mission at GreatLIFE which is “TO ENRICH THE LIVES OF FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS THROUGH GOLF, FITNESS AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLES” we are hosting several PLAY Everything clinics throughout the Summer that you can check out by visiting our website www.joingreatlife.com.
A big part of our mission is to lead and give back to our community through our GreatLIFE Cares Foundation. Over the last few years, we have developed a coalition of over 30 charitable and civic organizations including our three school systems. The weekend of August 8th & 9th we will be hosting our 2nd annual GreatLIFE Cares Foundation’s Challenge for Change Golf Event. Sunday afternoon we will have golf clinic with PGA Teacher of the Year and a “Meet & Greet” reception with Nebraska legendary football coach Tom Osborne. Monday morning, we will have the Challenge with $17,500 in prize money going to organizations whose team places first, second and third. The net proceeds will be divided up with 50% going equally to each of the organizations and 50% to our GreatLIFE Cares Foundation.
Over the last+15 months we all have experienced challenges and a new way of living where we have seen polarization and lack of trust, courtesy and shortage of patience with businesses and employees. Here at GreatLIFE we hopefully have created a culture where everyone has value and can contribute to fulfilling our mission. In developing our Team and culture, we have some principles that are our foundation. Some of them are:
1. EVERYONE COUNTS – Everyone can make a difference.
– Meaningful work gives people dignity and a sense of worth.
– The person doing the work determines its quality.
– Most people have a passion for significance.
– Do the right things for the right reasons.
2. ALL LONG-TERM SUCCESS IS BUILT ON RELATIONSHIPs.
– The quality of a relationship is directly related to the time and energy invested in it.
– All good relationships are based on trust and respect.
– The quality of the relationships is determined by the quality of the service and the product.
3. FOR LONG TERM SUCCESS, CREATE VALUE FOR YOUR GUEST.
– Do common things uncommonly well!
– Create value but doing more than expected and do it happily!
– ENTHUSIAM makes the ordinary service and interaction extraordinary!
4. REINVEST IN YOURSELF REGULARLY.
– ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING-it is YOUR choice each day.
– Grow yourself – continue to learn and develop your skills and attitude.
– Compete with yourself – set goals and follow through on them.
– Capitalize on your experiences and relationships – both the good ones and bad ones.
– Don’t take yourself too seriously – Make things fun!
– Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
5. YOU GET ONE CHANCE FOR A FIRST IMPRESSION.
– Smile a lot, it will improve your looks.
– Introduce people with a sincere compliment.
– Make a difference in the lives of the people you care for and are involved with.
– Get involved with a charity that touches your heart, involve your family members in it.
In closing, there are a couple things that I have learned that have made a big difference in my life:
– In giving, I have found that I get more out of it than the recipient plus it makes me and everyone around me better.
– God won’t be outdone in kindness and generosity.
– Develop a family mission statement together that everyone signs.
– Own a dog, they will give you unconditional love and loyalty.
– Most importantly my definition of success “SUCCESS – when the ones closest to you, love and respect you the most”
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and thanks for being a GreatLIFE Member! Enjoy the video!